Parent Volunteer Opportunities
The NCBSA is an all volunteer organization. The members of the
Board of Directors are parents who have volunteered to put substantial amounts
of our time into running a baseball and softball program for our community.
However, in order for that program to run effectively, it needs lots of
assistance from parents. There are all kinds of jobs that need to be done.
Everyone can and should help out in some, even modest, way. Many thanks to
all of the parents who have already volunteered to help out.
The position and philosophy of Little League® Baseball on this subject is clear:
"Parents must take the initiative to make the local program successful.
Little League is not a club in which membership implies baby-sitting benefits
and entertainment privileges. Practically speaking, Little League is an adult,
volunteer work project constructed, supervised and assisted by parents who want
to extend this benefit to their children. The parent who shirks this
responsibility cannot, in turn, expect others to assume the burden."
Little League® Baseball
Official Regulations and Playing Rules
Your Board of Directors fully realizes that, as parents, we all have very
busy schedules. But it has been our experience over a period of several years
that the league has simply grown beyond the size that can be readily handled
without contributions from everyone. Were not asking for tremendous amounts
of time, just a few hours over the course of the year to help contribute to a
special program from which your children derive all kinds of benefits.
Please indicate ion your registraton form or contact us atNCBSARegistrarwith the postion below or how else you can help. Thank you!
Here is a list of the many jobs parents can volunteer for: Additionally we encourage you to ask your childs coach if he or she needs assitance for the the team level, and also respond to his inquires for support in for team and league events.
1. HEAD COACHES - VERY IMPORTANT
- ALWAYS A SHORTAGE ( Details are on Coaches page)
2. ASSISTANT COACHES ( Details on Coaches page )
3. UMPIRES - EXPERIENCE NOT NECESSARY - WE WILL TRAIN YOU
4. EQUIPMENT -- URGENT NEED _ ASSIST WITH MAINTENANCE AND DISTRIBUTION AT RED BARN FOR A FEW HOURS- Please contact Mike Jbara at Equipment Manager. Our Equipment Manager. Dates and times are on the Calendar Page
5. SPECIAL EVENTS -- HELP WITH ORGANIZATION, SET-UP, DECORATIONS,
SUPERVISING EVENTS LIKE OPENING DAY PARADE, COMMUNITY DAY, PHOTO DAY, MEMORIAL
DAY ALL STARS GAMES, TROPHY DISTRIBUTION
6. LEAGUE WEB SITE - WRITERS, EDITORS,
PHOTOGRAPHERS AND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS
7. LEAGUE COMMUNICATION -- HELP WITH FOR LEAGUE AND FOR INDIVIDUAL TEAM
COMMUNICATIONS, COPYING DOCUMENTS, LABELING AND
STUFFING ENVELOPES AND AFFIXING POSTAGE
8. SPONSOR SOLICITATION -- HELP TO SOLICIT BUSINESSES WHO SPONSOR
TEAMS, AND SPONSOR TEAMS IF POSSIBLE
NOTE: ALL JOBS WILL BE SUPERVISED BY BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBER
RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT AREA